eBay search fail

js at cimmeri.com js at cimmeri.com
Tue May 1 11:41:34 CDT 2018

On 5/1/2018 11:26 AM, Noel Chiappa via
cctalk wrote:
>      >  From: js
>
>      >  To take a suggestion from your playbook, I'd try asking eBay - 'I'm
>      >  getting incorrect search results. Why?'
>
> Yeah, that would be something to try, but I was wary of stirring up trouble -
> eBay might decide to void the sale, etc. Maybe I should.
>
> My message to this list was as much a warning, as it was a query if anyone
> had any idea why this was happening, or if they'd seen similar behaviour
> before.

I've seen similar behavior before, and other search problems.  At one point in time,
eBay's search engine worked just fine.  Then, a number of years ago, they revised their
-- supposedly making it 'smarter' -- and ever since then, it hasn't worked as well --
for me at least.  It seems more akin to Amazon's search engine... where no matter how
specific you try to get, it lists everything remotely related.

- J.