RT-11 V4 MU-BASIC help

Fritz Mueller fritzm at fritzm.org
Fri Mar 30 12:20:18 CDT 2018

> On Mar 30, 2018, at 8:25 AM, Sytse van Slooten <cclist at sytse.net> wrote:
>
> I've used that image quite a bit for testing my vhdl pdp11. So it should work.

Thanks, Sytse.  In my case, I kept running up against traps and halts after that point, while interacting with MU-BASIC after the "say hello" prompt.  I may re-download that image and start fresh one more time just to check. I'm using pre-release V4 simh, built from the latest master in GitHub.

OTOH, I was able to get going last night using the RX01 images that Mattis provided.  I started from a fresh RTRKV4.00, then sysgen'd for multi-terminal and the hardware config for my 11/45 and built a new bootable image.  Copied on the contents of Mattis' RX01 MU-BASIC distro floppies, edited the default 1USER.CNF for RK instead of RL, and it worked right out of the box.  I was even able then to RUN MUCNFG, create a new 2USER.CNF, and run with both the console terminal and a simulated DZ11 in simh.  So that's encouraging!

I haven't tried re-linking yet with Mattis' distro bits to see of the missing symbol problem is also gone, but its on the list of things to try.

	cheers,
	   --FritzM.