Looking for opinions...

Fred Cisin cisin at xenosoft.com
Wed Mar 28 14:14:17 CDT 2018

On Wed, 28 Mar 2018, Ethan via cctalk wrote:
> Has all this data been converted to digital formats and posted online?

A lot, but almost certainly not all.

> Can a flatbed scanner with high resolution (1200dpi) scan these directly or
> does it require using a lens setup?
For microfiche, 1200dpi is NOT high resolution.

If we assume that each frame represents an 8.5x11 page, . . .
if the frame were an inch wide, that would be 1200 pixels for the width of
the page, or the eguivalent of about 150dpi
Half inch frames would be the equivalent of 75dpi.

Better than nothing, but far from ideal.

Grumpy Ol' Fred     		cisin at xenosoft.com