RAID? Was: PATA hard disks, anyone?

ethan at 757.org ethan at 757.org
Wed Mar 28 12:17:08 CDT 2018

>I know of no RAID setup that can save me >from stupid.

I use rsync. I manually rsync the working disks to the backup disks every
week or two. Working disks have the shares to other hosts. If something
happens to that data, deleted by accident or encrypted by malware. Meh.

Hardware like netapp and maybe filesystems in open source have those
awesome snapshot systems with there is directory tree that has past time
version of data. A directory of 15 minutes ago, one of 6 hours ago, etc
is what we had setup at a prior gig.

--
: Ethan O'Toole