PATA hard disks, anyone?

Tapley, Mark mtapley at swri.edu
Tue Mar 27 15:02:36 CDT 2018

Eric,
	my 17 yo son is building up a gaming computer out of a Mac Pro. If you are serious about getting rid of these, I might encourage him to set up a Raid 5 with 3 of them and 1 or 2 spares. I would think it would read and write pretty fast until it broke, and then he could transition the data to a more robust drive or set of drives. Meantime, if I’m wrong, it’s not very critical data to lose.
	Let me know if that seems like a reasonable deal, and if so what you’d want above shipping.

					- Mark
					210-522-6025 office         210-379-4635    cell