Compaq 9000 Series Rack Screws

Ali cctalk at ibm51xx.net
Mon Mar 26 19:11:24 CDT 2018

Ok,

A bit too new for this list but still hoping someone can help me out:

I am in need of at least six (prefer 10) Compaq 9000 Series OEM Rack screws
to mount a side panel. I believe these are M6 screws. On the side that had
the panel already mounted the OEM screws are star screws approximately 0.5"
long.

I have looked online and on some of the rack accessory suppliers and have
found M6 screws which I believe are from HP racks. Aside from the fact that
the OEM is a Philip's head (not a big deal - security is not a huge issue)
the HP ones are just a tad bigger.

The length of the HP screws should be okay (I think). However, the flange is
just a bit too big and it catches on the side panel so you can't screw the
screw in all the way (w/o damaging the side panel). The OEM star screws do
not do this.

If anyone has any spares they can part with or knows where I can order some
(and definitely get the OEM ones vs. the after market/HP ones) I would
appreciate it. Thank you!

BTW pictures and measurements can be found in this thread on VCF:

http://www.vcfed.org/forum/showthread.php?62877-WTB-OEM-Compaq-9000-Series-R
ack-Screws&p=507884#post507884

-Ali