IBM 6094-010 "Dials" protocol?

Jason T silent700 at gmail.com
Sun Mar 25 11:49:12 CDT 2018

On Sun, Mar 25, 2018 at 10:49 AM, Chris Elmquist via cctalk
<cctalk at classiccmp.org> wrote:
> Maybe there's some relationship to the SGI dial boxes??  I have an SGI
> one but don't know anything about the IBM ones.  They were built by
> Danaher and Seiko and both SGI and Sun offered those models...

I have seen the same dial box, as well as the "Button Box" and
possibly the CAD puck with the crosshairs, for HP and, IIRC, Sun
systems.  It's a fair bet they're all based on the same models.

"Somewhere" in my overwhelming stacks of IBM docs, I have some sort of
guide to I/O devices with pics of each.  I don't believe I've ever
seen a protocol description in them, unfortunately.