UCSD p-system manuals and disks?

Mattis Lind mattislind at gmail.com
Tue Mar 20 06:50:12 CDT 2018

So I have imaged the three disks I found using ImageDisk:
http://storage.datormuseum.se/u/96935524/Datormusuem/TEXAS.zip

Then I scanned one of the manuals. UCSD Pascal :
http://storage.datormuseum.se/u/96935524/Datormusuem/UCSD-Pascal.pdf

The problem is that manual has text in red/brown and black. I scanned it in
colour. However the actual colour of the scan varies a bit between pages.
(Maybe because there are two sensors, one for top side and one for bottom
side.)
And the scan get very big.

Is there a way to create filter this pdf to use three colours and possibly
compress it better? What is the best way to deal with scans of documents
with coloured text. I know many DEC manuals that has coloured text as well.

/Mattis