Replica IBM 5150 PC motherboard

systems_glitch systems.glitch at gmail.com
Thu Mar 8 19:35:12 CST 2018

Yeah, I'd seen this one a few years ago and also thought, "why?" 5150
boards aren't *that* uncommon yet. Though I suppose if you just want to
build one, there's nothing wrong with that!

W.R.T. the ROMs requiring the board to work -- those are the
SuperSoft/Landmark ROMs (freely available as BIN files elsewhere) and they
do work with a fairly broken system. They totally replace the PC BIOS
(there are XT and AT versions, too). You get beep codes when they first
come up, and it'll drive MDA or CGA directly without PC BIOS routines. Of
particular interest is the ability to find a faulty DRAM in bank 0 on a
5150 board, which is of course always soldered.

Thanks,
Jonathan