Thicknet/10base5 Test Segment: The Cable is In!

Stefan Skoglund stefan.skoglund at agj.net
Sat Jun 30 05:35:12 CDT 2018

tor 2018-06-28 klockan 20:37 +0200 skrev Liam Proven via cctalk:

> Sounds very sensible, but the Isle of Man isn't part of the USA, nor
> even part of the UK. It's its own little country and this was the
> late
> 1980s. I suspect the Manx Electrical Code or equivalent had no
> mention
> of data cabling at that time. :-)

The telephone companies knows about it yes ...

Two things:
- induced voltages in telephone lines due to solar activity (only at
northern and southern latitudes like in northern sweden and norway or
Canada/Alaska.)
- induced voltages (around 300 V) in telephone lines due to the new
railway electrification. Forced Televerket to move their telephone
lines away from Malmbanan in 1915 and SJ to add current transformers
along the line.