Modifying microcode

Alan Frisbie Flash688 at flying-disk.com
Sat Jun 2 13:37:11 CDT 2018

Tony Duell <ard.p850ug1 at gmail.com> wrote:

 > > until the 8085 CFE loaded the microcode.
 >
 > Loaded from a TU58 cartridge, which is the main reason my 11/730 is not
 > running at the moment. The hardware is fine, I've rebuilt the drive rollers,
 > but as yet don't have a readable tape (not even blank, to write the
 > microcode onto).

I'm pretty sure that I have a complete set of 11/730 TU58 tapes in
my storage unit.   I might even have some brand new tapes.   If I
can find them, I would be happy to send them to you.   They have
been sitting in storage for probably 20 years, so there are no
guarantee that they are readable.

I'm cleaning out the storage unit right now, in preparation for
moving, so I'll keep an eye out for them.

Alan "Pack rat" Frisbie