Epson DECTalk IC

Jason T silent700 at gmail.com
Fri Jul 27 11:00:23 CDT 2018

On Thu, Jul 26, 2018 at 3:12 PM Cameron Kaiser via cctalk
<cctalk at classiccmp.org> wrote:
> I've got a serial port DECTalk Express. Works great except for the battery
> pack. No, you can't have it.

That's the DTC03 and it's an acceptable substitute for those of us who
can't find a DTC01 for under $300.  I've wanted an 01 for years and
passed up a number of chances as their value went higher and higher.

For those who want to play with the DECtalk engine, there is the
Windows software implementation which, last I tried, still runs in
modern Windows versions.  The software is "out there" and probably
easy to find.  When I last tried it is open to some doubt - might need
to run it in a VM these days :)

There is also the PC ISA card DECtalk, whose DTCxx number I forget
(DTC07 maybe?)  I have one "somewhere" but have never had the software
for it.

-j