400Hz supplies; was: RK05 spindle pulleys - trade 50Hz vs 60Hz?

Chuck Guzis cclist at sydex.com
Thu Jul 26 12:34:51 CDT 2018

On 07/26/2018 09:35 AM, Tony Duell wrote:
> On Thu, Jul 26, 2018 at 5:28 PM, Chuck Guzis via cctalk

> Indeed. I've never seen a photoflash using such a supply, but I have read
> about them. One day I'll add one to my collection.

I recall fooling with a 60s era Dormeyer model.  Not only did it use a
vibrator supply, but also a rechargeable stainless-steel enclosed
battery.  A very compact unit in comparison to those units using the
510V primary battery.  Either was vastly more compact than the Graflex
stroboflash-2x225V batteries in a very heavy supply.

--Chuck