any data on death of Mark E Rorvig? - Microcomputers in Libraries etc

Ed Sharpe couryhouse at aol.com
Sun Jul 22 15:01:45 CDT 2018

Mark E. Rorvig , Denton, associate professor of library and information sciences, 1995-2002. Rorvig was nationally recognized as a pioneer in the field of information retrieval. From 1990 to 1995, while serving as an adjunct professor at UNT, he worked as a computer engineer for NASA at the Lyndon B. Johnson Space Center in Houston. His research focused on deciphering large amounts of information and finding new ways to piece it together. He produced four U.S. patents on information retrieval algorithms. Rorvig earned a bachelor's degree in English at Seattle University, a master's in library service from Columbia University and a doctorate in information studies from the University of California at Berkeley. At UNT, he led the master's program in information systems.any    one  know  him?
I took  some  photos  for a  book he  did on microcomputers in libraries  and  took an into  to dp  class  from him  when I started   Computer Exchange in  AZ     I had  talked   into  course years  before   from someone else  but thought hey  good  to take it now things have changed and I am going into the biz!

I talked to  him again  years  ago and  thanked  him  for admitting me  to an already  full class...but in looking him  up  to  get some data  from him  find  he  had  passed but   almost nothing out there....in the  way  of  info except   for the  brief  info in  google.  I  remember   during that  class period  I  got  first  pdp-8  m or  f ?   and  brought it into class and  showed  the students  how  I would  toggle it....

Funny  this is when I  got  to first  play on the HP2000 F I later to own  surplus  form the college that  shaped  my entire  future  business  ( still have it under glass at  SMECC)

Having that  PDP 8 was  great  as a tty  tester!  Sold  many ttys  in the  early  days....

thanks  ed sharpe archivist for smecc