MOS MCS2529 math chip

Jules Richardson jules.richardson99 at gmail.com
Fri Jul 20 12:18:15 CDT 2018

Anyone got pinout/spec information for a MOS MCS2529? In particular, I'm
curious about operating voltage. I acquired a Melcor SC-635 calculator
yesterday and there seems to be some uncertainty about the output voltage
of its (rechargeable) battery pack; some places say 2.4V, i.e. the pack is
a pair of 1.2V cells, but others say 9V.

2.4V seems a little low to me for typical logic, but on the other hand I've
seen a period ad which says that the external PSU was 9V - and so the
rechargeable battery must have been somewhat less than that.

cheers

Jules