GoTEK SFR1M44-U100...

Grant Taylor cctalk at gtaylor.tnetconsulting.net
Sat Jul 14 12:13:13 CDT 2018

On 07/13/2018 09:44 PM, Chuck Guzis via cctalk wrote:
> Actually, given that allocation is in fixed units, it would be pretty
> simple to plug in a valid partition table and dummy FAT32 filesystem
> image with the disk space pre-allocated on the USB flash.

Possibly.

I would want to likely use mount the discrete images as file systems
directly.  So if they were considered partitions and had /dev entries
for them, I could just mount them directly.

In fact, one of the tricks I found was to use a special mount command
that did that with parameters.

    mount -o loop,offset=$[15*1536]k,sizelimit=1440k /dev/sdb1 /mnt/tmp

I've got to say that I really like the idea / knowledge that loopback
devices can be constrained to a part of a file / device.  IMHO that
could come in handy accessing partitions within a whole drive image (via
dd).  }:-)

There are more details in a comment on the following page:

Link - Review: GoTek System SFR1M44-U100K USB 1000 Floppy Disk Emulator
  -
http://goughlui.com/2013/05/19/review-gotek-system-sfr1m44-u100k-usb-1000-floppy-disk-emulator/

> But I'd look at the alternative firmware--it may well use a standard
> filesystem scheme.

I am planing on trying the FlashFloppy firmware.

I also ordered the OLED display.  ;-)

--
Grant. . . .
unix || die