Making a bootable LIF CD for the 9000/382

John-Paul Stewart jpstewart at sympatico.ca
Fri Jul 6 14:43:47 CDT 2018

I've successfully booted both my HP 9000/380 and 425e systems from a
Toshiba SD-M1711 DVD-ROM drive jumpered to 512 byte/sector mode.

In my case I was using CD images provided by David Collins from
hpmuseum.net.  The boot CD image that I got from him has the same md5sum
as the hpux9_install.iso image that I just downloaded from bitsavers.  I
didn't need to do anything special to burn it or boot from it.  It just
worked.