DEC FPJ11-AA

Bill Gunshannon bill.gunshannon at hotmail.com
Mon Jul 2 08:16:26 CDT 2018

On 07/02/2018 08:26 AM, Pete Turnbull via cctalk wrote:
> On 01/07/2018 18:14, Bill Gunshannon via cctalk wrote:
>
>> Speaking of PMI....  Anybody have any PMI memory modules they
>> might let go for less than my first born male child?  I have one
>> 11/93 with 2 Meg and would love to bring it up to full memory.
>
> If you really mean 11/93 (as opposed to, say, 11/83), it would
> normally only use its on-board memory.  It does work with PMI memory,
> but might it not be easier to just add the extra ICs on the CPU board?

It's an 11/93 all right.  It has 2 meg on the board.  The chips are
surface mount
and even if I could find some I could trust were good (all I saw with a
quick search
were "refurbished" which means taken out of something else!) I am not
sure I would
want to risk working on what I consider a rare find and my best PDP-11.
Everything
I have found so far says PMI works fine so I would prefer to find a 2meg
or even a
pair of 1 meg PMI boards.  Not looking at commercial resellers because I
have dealt
with them in the past and know I can't afford them.

bill