DEC H7260 PSU fault

Jules Richardson jules.richardson99 at gmail.com
Sun Jan 28 20:35:37 CST 2018

On 01/27/2018 10:29 PM, allison via cctalk wrote:
> FYI all this is covered in the BA123/microVAC manuals.  Seriously, if
> your not familiar with Qbus and microVAX boxes
> RTFM and as many as you can find.

The 630QB tech manual seems to be pretty comprehensive, and I have digested
that one now, I think :-)

My RD53 is definitely unwell, though - sometimes the speed fluctuates, and
other times it sounds like it's stable (and I can hear the heads move) but
talking to it is a no-go. I've no idea what (if anything) might be on it
anyway, though - as set up when I got it, it was in the second drive bay
(and hooked up via some rather flaky non-DEC cables)

I'm not sure at the moment where I want to proceed from here; net-booting
might be an option, but I'm not sure if I have any transceivers on this
side of the Atlantic.

cheers

Jules