Ethernet cable (Was: Sun3 valuations?)

Glen Slick glen.slick at gmail.com
Wed Jan 24 16:18:25 CST 2018

On Wed, Jan 24, 2018 at 1:05 PM, Brent Hilpert via cctalk
<cctalk at classiccmp.org> wrote:

> I haven't seen any pictures during this thread of the transceivers we used with the 10MB yellow hose - heavy gauge metal boxes about 3" * 4" * 1" with N connectors.

I have a 3COM 3C100 transceiver that must have come along with some
old Sun servers I acquired a few years back. It's a heavy black box
about 4" x 5" x 1" with two N connectors and the 15-pin AUI connector.
I opened it up just now to look inside to see why it is so heavy. The
whole thing is potted inside with a solid black compound so there is
nothing to see.