Interest in Teac FD235J drives and FC-1 boards?

Jason T silent700 at gmail.com
Wed Jan 24 10:02:59 CST 2018

On Tue, Jan 23, 2018 at 10:14 PM, Fred Cisin via cctalk
<cctalk at classiccmp.org> wrote:
> 2.8M runs at 1,000,000 bits per second.
> Such controllers exist, but are not very common.
> Can Catweasel/kryoflux handle that data transfer rate?

Looks like no on the KF:  https://forum.kryoflux.com/viewtopic.php?t=198

The post is from 2011, but as it's a hardware limitation and the KF is
still the same hardware as when it was released, I'd guess the answer
is still no.

As someone in that thread points out, there was no commercial (read:
"protected") software on 2.88 (is that really so?), so using a
"standard" controller, if you happen to have one, is fine.  In my
case, I think I have a 486-era IBM that supports the ED format.