Getting Sun Sparcstation 10 to recognize its graphics card

systems_glitch systems.glitch at gmail.com
Tue Jan 9 18:01:45 CST 2018

Bill,

Are you sure the SGI monitor will work with the Sun graphics adapter? Just
because the plug fits doesn't mean the monitors are compatible, when it
comes to 13W3. It may be just transferring control to the video console and
*appear* to be locking up, and you're not getting anything out of the
display as a result.

Do you get diagnostic LED patterns on the keyboard LEDs?

Thanks,
Jonathan