R: Large discs (Was: Spectre & Meltdown

Sam O'nella barythrin at gmail.com
Fri Jan 5 13:07:19 CST 2018

You're one of the first people I've heard quote that. Do you know where that is said? Years ago several friends and myself all picked up 64mb usb thumb drives so we could have multiple backups of a game and few other projects we were coding.  Maybe it was an extended period of time (we ended up switching to compatible removable drive bays) but 2 out of 3 of us lost all the data on our thumb drives around the same time.
I haven't heard may others share the concern but i wouldn't use ssd as a tech unless im forced to for that reason.
-------- Original message --------From: Mazzini Alessandro via cctalk <cctalk at classiccmp.org> Date: 1/5/18  7:15 AM  (GMT-06:00)
I'm  not sure I would use SSD for long term "secure" storage, unless maybe
using enterprise level ones.
Consumer level SSD are, by specifics, guaranteed to retain data for 6 months
if unpowered... any more time means being lucky. Would suck to save, store,
and after some years find (over snipped)