40 pin Berg cable connector recommendations for PDP-11 projects?

systems_glitch systems.glitch at gmail.com
Wed Jan 3 18:33:31 CST 2018

Chuck is right on about having the right tools. I use a Paladin (now
Greenlee) PA1645 for most of my wire housing crimp terminal needs. I've got
an older Weidmuller Mini Stripax wire stripper that works excellent, bought
it after having used one in a job in college.

I don't use the "official" tool for IDC connector crimping, though -- I use
a small arbor press. Picked it up at the MIT Flea for under $20.

Thanks,
Jonathan