40 pin Berg cable connector recommendations for PDP-11 projects?

systems_glitch systems.glitch at gmail.com
Wed Jan 3 17:03:05 CST 2018

Most IDC connectors will fit just fine. I've use old 40-pin IDE cables
before. Beware that the keying boss may be too short for the old blue Berg
housings, allowing the cable to be inserted upside-down (don't depend on
the keying boss!).

There are wire housing type connectors you can get, as well, which allow
individual pins to be crimped to wires and then inserted into the housing.
Mouser's parametric search will yield many options.

Thanks,
Jonathan