DEC Pro 350

Noel Chiappa jnc at mercury.lcs.mit.edu
Mon Feb 26 12:21:40 CST 2018

    > From: Kurt Hamm

    > If anyone has any thoughts, I would appreciate it.

You probably already know this, but... My sense is that a collector of
classic computers has to be able to diagnose and repair at the component
level - get in there with an oscilloscope and a set of prints (creating the
latter, if need be), and find the busted chip/transistor.

It's like collecting old cars - if you collect old cars, you have to be able
to work on them (or like Jay Leno, be rich and hire someone else who can -
although given that Jay worked at an auto dealer 'back in the day', he
apparently does know a fair amount).

Which isn't going to help much with this particular problem, maybe some of
the other replies will help.

	Noel