Alpine vs mutt?

Tomasz Rola rtomek at ceti.pl
Thu Feb 22 17:20:54 CST 2018

On Thu, Feb 22, 2018 at 04:49:18PM -0500, Ethan Dicks wrote:
[...]
> I've been using web-based MUAs since I switched to Gmail for personal,
> and for many corporate e-mail accounts, including at my present
> employer.  I haven't used a textual MUA on UNIX/Linux except 'mail'
> and mutt since about 2003, but I did use mutt every day from about
> 2003-2009.

A quick look gave me this:

https://gitlab.com/muttmua/mutt/wikis/UseCases/Gmail

Can be found on terminal with:

  surfraw google -t -browser=`which elinks` gmail mutt

(requires packages: surfraw, elinks or lynx)

I do not have gmail account, but I am using mutt to access another one
via imap+ssl. So, if gmail can do imaps, perhaps there is a way.

--
Regards,
Tomasz Rola