Maxtor full-height 5.25" drives of death

Ulrich Tagge u.tagge at gmx.de
Thu Feb 22 06:45:46 CST 2018

/Here is my list. 6x RD54 (Maxtor XT2190) >2x OK, 2x Media Error, 1x
Actuator Issue, 1x Head issue 3x RD53 (Micropolis 1325) >2x Actuator
issue, 1x actuator issue followed by spinning issue (speed sensor?) 4x
Seagate ST251 >4x OK 3x Seagete ST225 >3x OK 3x IBM Type 068 >3x Dead On
the 3.5" side I have also many dead drives (<1GB capacity). Mostly
sticky actuators and dead tantalum caps, but by now nothing I was not
able to repair. Many Greetings Ulrich /