Writing emulators [Was: Re: VCF PNW 2018: Pictures!]

Chris Hanson cmhanson at eschatologist.net
Thu Feb 22 02:09:27 CST 2018

On Feb 21, 2018, at 11:09 AM, Al Kossow via cctalk <cctalk at classiccmp.org> wrote:

> That is tricky to cleanly and efficiently implement where each component is modeled independently and
> glued together with a higher-level framework.

This is why I wonder if multithreaded emulation might be a reasonable future approach: Model more components of a system as operating independently as they produce and react to signals, have them block when not reacting (either to a clock pulse or a signal), and let the operating system manage scheduling.

  -- Chris