Large HP plotter on the curb in Arlington, MA

Tomasz Rola rtomek at ceti.pl
Tue Feb 13 12:07:25 CST 2018

On Mon, Feb 12, 2018 at 02:07:29PM -0800, Zane Healy via cctalk wrote:
[...]
> No clue what the ink availability is these days.  The ink carts
> aren’t cheap, and if it has issues with the print head, someone
> might have been running old ink through it.
[...]

If it is similar (somewhat) to old ink HP printer, then perhaps it
could be renewed by bathing in isopropyl alcohol. I give this
treatment to 840c printer head (I use black ink only) because every
time I want to print something (once per month or two) the head is dry
(and the ink is not original). If I have no alcohol at hand or am too
lazy to walk few meters, I wash it with LCD cleaner in spray. Perhaps
I am killing it in the process, but the cost of repairing eventual
damage is low and this is interesting experiment. Stand the cartridge
upside down on paper cloth, spray the head with a cleaner, watch it
sink into the head (or maybe evaporate), repeat. I can usually print
few pages after about an hour of that.

No guarantees - if you do this to your hardware, you are responsible
for the damages.

--
Regards,
Tomasz Rola