How to enable USB drives in both Windows 98SE AND MS-DOS 7.1.

Grant Taylor cctalk at gtaylor.tnetconsulting.net
Fri Feb 9 16:47:42 CST 2018

Sorry if this comes across wrong.  I think I'm fighting a meat space
bug.  As such my filters are a little less functional than normal.

On 02/09/2018 12:00 PM, Noel Chiappa via cctalk wrote:
> Hi, can I appeal to you (and everyone else who writes up these kinds of
> notes) to put this stuff on the Computer History wiki?

You can appeal to me.  But I don't think I'm likely to listen.

> And no, I don't have time to upload all this stuff myself - I have too
> much other stuff I'm trying to work on!

This is the primary reason as to why your appeal falls short for me.  (I
have no idea about others.)

When I write things for my personal site, I want them first and foremost
to be on my personal site.  I don't really care if they are copied
elsewhere.  I give people permission to copy, just with credit.

Since I'm going to write for my site first, and I'm having to make time
to do so, I'm not likely to make additional time to put the content
elsewhere.

> So, please - let's get organized!

I believe that your goal is laudable and should be encouraged.  It's
just that the unfriendly reality is that time and motivation is
diametrically opposed to what you're asking.  I think it's more
important to get things recorded somewhere, even if it's not the ideal
location, than it is to delay getting them recorded elsewhere, if ever.

Again, your appeal is heard, understood, and sadly dismissed.  At least
for my current situation.

I'm replying in an attempt to provide a counter point for a discussion
of reality.  So please don't take this as an attack on you, or your
laudable appeal.

--
Grant. . . .
unix || die