OpenVMS software repositories?

Zane Healy healyzh at avanthar.com
Wed Feb 7 21:28:42 CST 2018

> On Feb 7, 2018, at 7:05 PM, Carlos E Murillo-Sanchez <ce.murillosanchez at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Zane Healy via cctalk wrote:
>> What sites still exist that have VMS software?  I know the about the OpenVMS Freeware CD’s from HP VMS Engineering.
>>
>> http://h41379.www4.hpe.com/openvms/freeware/collections.html
>>
>> As an example, I’ve found part of the old DECwindows archive, but it looks like that site is basically gone.
>>
> Probably not what you are looking for, but these are handy:
>
> http://nchrem.tnw.tudelft.nl/openvms/software2.html
> http://de.openvms.org/OpenVMS-Ports/list.php?by=Category
>
> carlos.

WOW!!!  That first one is quite impressive, though it’s a shame they aren’t offering binaries.

The second one looks most promising.  I’ll have to see about getting SQLite3 running on my VAX and Alpha systems, as that might be the answer to my one problem.

This actually makes me want an Itanium system.

Zane