How to enable USB drives in both Windows 98SE AND MS-DOS 7.1.

Terry Stewart terry at webweavers.co.nz
Tue Feb 6 13:58:37 CST 2018

The title might suggest to topic is not vintage, but the reason I did this
myself was to facilitate classic computer disk imaging.

I’ve recently given USB drive capability to the MS-DOS 7.1 environment in a
Windows 98SE computer I use for the purpose above. It was a bit of work
configuring the machine to ensure both the MS-DOS drivers and the Windows
98SE drivers co-existed peacefully.

I'm no  Windows 98 guru (or MS-DOS guru for that matter) so it may not be
the most efficient or elegant of solutions.   However, it worked for me. That
being the case I thought I’d document what I did.

Hopefully the article will be useful to others who might want to do this.

http://www.classic-computers.org.nz/blog/2018-02-05-USB-in-MS-DOS-and-Win98.htm

Terry (Tez)