SCSI for HP 9000/380

Dennis Grevenstein dennis.grevenstein at gmail.com
Fri Dec 28 11:49:11 CST 2018

Hi,

I do remember that when installing HP-UX 9 and earlier, you could not
mix and match SCSI and HP-IB. If you boot from HP-IB you can install
on HP-IB, if you boot from SCSI, you can install on a SCSI disk. That may
be a limitation in the installer. Once you have everything installed, you
can use any device. I am very sure that this was the case with the 800s.
I am not quite sure about the 300 series.
I once owned a 380 and it worked well with SCSI disks and the onboard
SCSI port.

regards,
Dennis