Public buy/sell/trade

Grant Taylor cctalk at gtaylor.tnetconsulting.net
Fri Dec 21 19:23:45 CST 2018

On 12/21/18 4:49 PM, Carlo Pisani via cctalk wrote:
> you mean as someone who received a legal threat for a project?  we got
> one for the DTB website, and it was not nice ...
>
> it's one of the reasons why we dropped the experimental-bay since if it
> involves a little business then things go even worse

I wonder how many things are changing what they do or even not starting
something new because of GDPR.

> there is a dude in Virginia (US), telling me he can put emails
> and confidential data (address, phone, etc) in public without any
> authorization from the owner.

Anybody can do anything they are capable of doing.  The fact that they
can do it does NOT make it legal to do.  Murder is not legal, yet it
still happens all over the world.

> I don't know if he is legally allowed do it, but 5 months have already
> passed without a fine for him ... whereas if you do it in Switzerland
> or in Italy, you immediately get a legal threat, and/or a fine

Sounds like he is getting lucky.  Or nobody is motivated to stop him yet.

--
Grant. . . .
unix || die