Want/Available list

Guy Dunphy guykd at optusnet.com.au
Thu Dec 20 16:46:51 CST 2018

At 09:03 PM 20/12/2018 +0100, Carlo Pisani wrote:
>ok, I give up.
>a forum with a bazaar should be more appropriate
>frankly this mail list looks like spam, and it's going irritating
>since it's difficult to follow and to handle

True. I don't have time to read all messages either. Haven't yet looked into the archive, and if it's searchable.

>but I am really tired to repeat myself about the
>http://www.downthebunker.xyz/ project
>
>probably in 2019 we will definitively close it to new members, and that's all.

This site looks interesting. But after looking for basic expected things like 'make new account', login, etc
and not finding them, I tried "New Red Pill?" and discover it's about making an account. And it's closed.

Are you complaining about lack of participation in the site? While not accepting new members?
Where have you announced it?

I'll post about it on eevblog forum (46000 members worldwide) if you will open membership first.
Also I'd suggest not being so obscure with titles and headings. Sure they are cute, but it doesn't
help newcomers understand how the site works. Especially if English is not their first language.

I too want a web forum venue for hunting, acquiring and dispersing vintage computing gear, with
a restoration/collector slant, ie not about the money, ie I'm poor, ha ha.
A mailing list is NOT an appropriate context. It has no categories, is ephemeral, chews local storage,
has no hot-linking, and demands more real-time attention than I can spare.

eevblog gets close, but misses the mark:
   http://www.eevblog.com/forum/buysellwanted/      Not focussed on vintage computing, no subcategories.
   http://www.eevblog.com/forum/vintage-computing/  Not focussed on buy/sell/swap/give.

Guy