OT RE: 3D printer $179.99 (today ONLY) (Was: 8-Update

Jay West jwest at classiccmp.org
Wed Dec 19 16:08:40 CST 2018

Fred wrote...
In addition, how hard would it be to 3D print some parts to turn it into a
PLOTTER?
-------
I have not seen or done the below myself. But I have heard that there are
plenty of conversion kits out there for 3d printers to do:

As fred asked... https://tinyurl.com/y9d7sbwt

Also... PCB creation. Some are doing pcb's by adding a small laser module to
the hotend and exposing photoresist plates and then washing off all but the
traces and pads. Others are mounting a conductive ink pen to the hot end and
drawing the traces. Some are building thin channels for the traces, and
filling them with conductive paint.

Some are laser engraving or even cutting with a small (8000 mW continuous)
CO2 laser, again, on the hot end.

Some are casting metal parts by 3d printing molds.

There are new filament materials coming out all the time. My new favorite is
a wood filament. It's just wood particles in another medium, sure... but it
can be sanded and will take stain. That's close enough for me!

There's a reason getting a 3d printer took me away from vintage computers
for a while ;)