New takes on XT-IDE, a new FDC, and a new CM/S GAL WAS: RE: More old stuff incoming

systems_glitch systems.glitch at gmail.com
Wed Dec 19 14:35:29 CST 2018

> I thought that seller had permission?

I don't remember what license, if any, Sergey chose for his work. Perhaps
it's in compliance. In any case, it's not a new design -- Sergey's wasn't
either, it was an improvement on the N8VEM XT-FDC project.

I intend on redoing Sergey's design, with permission, at some point in the
not too distant future. Personally, I want a DC37 and both card edge and
pin header internal 34-pin connections, so that I can drop the board in as
a replacement for a PC or XT floppy controller without changing cables. As
with the XT-IDE, onboard serial doesn't seem like much of a feature to me.

I've avoided redoing any of Sergey's designs as he'd contacted me some time
ago asking how the kit thing was working out with XT-IDEs. It'd sounded
like he intended to maybe run some of his designs and provide kits and/or
assembled+tested boards for hobbyists. I probably ought to reach out to him
and see if that's still the case or not.

Thanks,
Jonathan