More old stuff incoming

Zane Healy healyzh at avanthar.com
Tue Dec 18 19:48:48 CST 2018

> On Dec 18, 2018, at 2:51 PM, ben via cctalk <cctalk at classiccmp.org> wrote:
>
> I would take a guess for custom hardware or software that never migrated to Windows 13 or USB IIV. Ben.

Being a photographer, I know there is a real market for this.  Many high-end scanners will only work with older Macintosh or Windows systems.  I have a scanner that originally cost $10,000, and the only software for it runs on Windows XP (thankfully I can use Parallels Desktop to run XP and use it).  Other, even more expensive scanners require even older software that requires physical systems.  I also have some pretty high-end Macintosh A/V HW & SW that won’t run on newer systems.

I’m sure there is plenty of lab type equipment in this category as well.

Zane