Orphan HP Alphaservers looking for a new home

Grant Taylor cctalk at gtaylor.tnetconsulting.net
Tue Dec 18 11:11:53 CST 2018

On 12/18/2018 09:08 AM, Tapley, Mark via cctalk wrote:
> Not to start a flame war, but I’m well aware VMS supports clustering
> pretty well, so I’m puzzled - does anyone know why the Product
> Description called out Tru64 rather than VMS or both? Was Compaq
> de-emphasizing VMS when that was written?

Is there a chance that what you found was a kit (order able SKU) that
included Tru64?  As in was there possibly a different kit (SKU) that was
(Open)VMS?

I remember seeing similar from Compaq for Windows NT vs NetWare.  Same
hardware, just different software (and possibly factory BIOS config /
optimizations).

--
Grant. . . .
unix || die