Hayes Transet Manual and Software

Jason T silent700 at gmail.com
Mon Dec 17 23:09:23 CST 2018

On Mon, Dec 17, 2018 at 10:12 AM geneb via cctalk <cctalk at classiccmp.org> wrote:
> Jason, you can send it my direction for scanning if you like.  I built a
> book scanner a while back to handle all the Crescent Software manuals I

I just watched your video on your DIY scanner - good work!  I'll keep
it in mind, but I really ought to just do it over here and do a better
job of it.  I'll get to it.

In the meantime, here is the Macintosh software that came with it.  I
learned a bit about Mac disk formats when trying to image this one on
a KryoFlux.  It came on a 400K disk, which is MFS, and Ciderpress
won't load it that filesystem, making me think it was a bad read.
Finally stuck it in MiniVMac and up it came.  I transferred the files
to an 800K HFS disk image for convenience.  Both are posted here:

http://nocarrier.net/archive/floppy_images/Hayes

It's a bootable disk with Finder 4.1, which I've never seen before.

Again, if anyone knows where the PC version of the software is, I'd
love to have it.

-j