Labtool48 Programmer

Holm Tiffe holm at freibergnet.de
Thu Dec 13 03:03:54 CST 2018

Hi all,

I've got an Advantech Labtool48 parallel Port Programmer lately
for fifty bucks. I've got it w/o any Software, cable or documentation
and now I have a few questions.

1. Is the parallel Cable a straight one to one Cable? The Labtool48
has an male connector on the back so a standard cable wouldn't fit..
(ok, think I can reverse engeneer or at least try that if needed..)

2. This isn't a Labtool48UXP, the UXP Version seems to have an USB
connector additionally, doesn anyone know if the Software that Advantech
provides (http://www.aec.com.tw/software_files/LT48UXP_83203.exe) will
work with the Labrtool48?

3. I want to programm Altera PLD's EPM7160LC84. On many sites on the web
can be read that Advantech is providing an PDF with the required "pin
swapping Table" so the user can build adapters himselves..this seems to
be history, the link http://www.aec.com.tw/products/adapters.pdf is dead
and the wayback machine shows that it is dead for many years.
Doens someone has possibly a copy of this pdf?

TIA,

Holm
info at tsht.de Fax +49 3731 74200 Tel +49 3731 74222 Mobil: 0172 8790 741