PET peve thing... Editors

Sean Conner spc at conman.org
Wed Dec 12 14:04:15 CST 2018

It was thus said that the Great allison via cctalk once stated:
> The whole thing comes from a project for myself...
> I wanted a very basic screen based editor written in 8080/8085/z80 asm
> and compact
> (as in under 4K).  I figured first lets inquire of the Internet to see
> if I need to and code exists...

  I remember typing in TED.ASM from one of the PC magazines in the late 80s.
Yes, it's for MS-DOS, but:

	1) The 8086 is somewhat, kind of, source compatible with the
	8080/Z80 (if you squint hard enough)

	2) It was 3K when assembled into TED.COM

	3) Was full screen.  And quite basic.

  I'm not sure how hard it would be to translate it to 8080/Z80.

  -spc