Genrad 2511 Vibration Control System

Guy Dunphy guykd at optusnet.com.au
Tue Dec 11 18:34:06 CST 2018

At 03:37 PM 11/12/2018 -0800, you wrote:
>> Does anyone have a list of remaining sellers of original paper manuals? Especialy for instrument
>> lines including Tek, HP, GR, etc.
>
>Dave at Artek Media/Manuals is a good resource. He's managed to find a couple
>hardcopy manuals for me that no one else could and offered reasonable prices if
>I allowed him to scan them first. The quality/usability of his scans is
>excellent.
>
>http://artekmanuals.com/
>
>Aaron

OK, I have bought digitized manuals from artek in the past, and agree they are
pretty good by general standards. Similar to bitsaver's own scans.
Didn't know he also may sell original physical copies. But from your description
he isn't maintaining a library of the manuals himself, just finding them as needed.
So that isn't a solution since his sources will dry up too.

And then there's the whole 'schematics for these boards omitted' issue.
HP's cursed 'blue stripe program' for instance. "We will swap these boards, so
you don't need schematics in the service manual." Fat lot of good that is now
that 'real HP' no longer exists.

Guy