PDP-8/e

Rod G8DGR rodsmallwood52 at btinternet.com
Fri Dec 7 03:59:47 CST 2018

Hi All
   Seasons Greetings..

My PDP-8/e was long due for a major overhaul.
1. So everything out
2. Big Hoover job on the Omnibus
3. Bring up on Variac – No smoke
4. Check  PSU volts. – All OK
5. Power off
6. Install minimal System – Front Panel, Three CPU cards, RFI shield,  4k Core and Bus term.
7. Yup all looks in right order
8. Power on
9. Toggle in standard AC count up program
10. Clear + Cont
11. And they are racing at Rockingham!!
12. Yup counts up just like it should.
13. Let it run for a while.
14. All stop.
15. PSU off
16. Inset Async Card (Its 110 baud only)
17. Fire up VT100. Beep - yup its alive.
18. Toggle in keyboard echo test.
19. Clear + Cont – Program runs
20. And .. yes keyboard gets echoed back.

OK now I need a little help.
Does anybody know of a terminal emulation program that will simulate the reader on an ASR33?
I know about   RIM and BIN loaders but how and what to feed them I have long forgotten
My PDP-8 course completion certificate is dated November 1975.

Rod Smallwood

Sent from Mail for Windows 10