Picking tubular locks (WAS : Text encoding Babel. now PICKING LOCKS OR FINDING KEY MFR AND KEY #

dwight dkelvey at hotmail.com
Sun Dec 2 20:06:25 CST 2018

Fred is probably right but it would be fun to try a bump key on these. It would be a lot simpler to make. You just take a blank key and cut each pin location deep enough so when fully engaged it would push the pins in about 1/16 inch. Then grind the piece that locks in in until fully turned off. Then one would put some rubber washers on it so that it just lifts off the pins from the washers lifting it.
One could most likely tension by hand but like Fred says, one could easily over shoot and then have to pick it again.
Dwight