SPARCstation 20 with SCSI2SD

Maciej W. Rozycki macro at linux-mips.org
Sat Dec 1 16:47:04 CST 2018

On Tue, 27 Nov 2018, systems_glitch via cctalk wrote:

> I probably need to do a writeup on fully potted parts, like the 48T59 and
> DS1287.

 See a photo documentary here:
<ftp://ftp.linux-mips.org/pub/linux/mips/people/macro/ds1287/> for my
proposal of a DS1287 rework.

 I actually had a nasty surprise trying to rework a DS1287A, with a date
code indicating a clearly faked marking.  After removing the integrated
coin cell the marking on the embedded IC revealed showed it wasn't even a
DS1287A originally as the IC was a DS12B885.  This is a part I haven't
heard of existing, so I enquired Maxim, but they had no clue about it.  I
suspect the DS12B885 was the core of the DS12B887 (wired differently from
both DS12887 and DS12887A), and the DS12B885 has never been marketed as a
part on its own.

  Maciej