11LOGO

Lars Brinkhoff lars at nocrew.org
Thu Aug 30 06:00:26 CDT 2018

Hello,

I have a 1972 version of 11LOGO, which is the dialect of Logo which was
done by the Logo group at MIT.  Their computer was a PDP-11/45.

I have it running in a PDP-11 simulator, 11SIM, which runs on the ITS
operating system.  If someone is interested in running it in some other
simulator like SIMH, I can provide files and assistance.

The nice thing about 11SIM is that it emulates the one-off TK display
system which provides 8 vector displays.  11LOGO uses it to view turtle
graphics.  It would be interesting to add this capability to SIMH, but
I'm pressed for time.  I can provide documentation, though.

There is a second application, the Dazzle Dart game, which uses this
display as well.  It doesn't run in 11SIM because it uses FP11
instructions which are not implemented.

Best regards,
Lars Brinkhoff