VCFMW 13: Less Than a Month to Go!

Jason T silent700 at gmail.com
Mon Aug 20 15:55:58 CDT 2018

Hello classic computing fans!  We're entering the final weeks before
the big event, and here is an update.  If you're subscribed to the
mailing list, you've already seen most of this (for review/sharing:
https://mailchi.mp/e060dcbd1bfd/vcf-midwest-13-one-month-to-go).

- Exhibits: Our exhibitor list has been posted, showing most (but not
all!) of the displays you'll see this year.  We're happy to once again
have a great variety of platforms and eras represented, as well as
some new faces alongside our veteran exhibitors.  Check it out at:
http://vcfmw.org/ex.html

- Table space: We are full!  Until, that is, we're not.  All of the
past shows have included several last-minute changes, so space does
open up.  There is a stand-by list forming; please email me directly
if you'd like to be on it.

- Presentations: Once again this year we have a full weekend of
interesting talks and demos.  The schedule (as it stands now) has been
posted.  All talks are filmed and will be posted online - but they're
always much better in person!  http://vcfmw.org/pres.html

- Hotel: Due to other parties pre-booking a large block of rooms,
Friday night (14th) at the Holiday Inn is sold out.  If you have not
yet reserved a room, please check back with the hotel after 8/27, as
any remaining unbooked rooms will be added back to our block on that
date.  Our block still has rooms for Thursday, Saturday and Sunday
nights.

- Donations: VCFMW is a community-supported exhibition, free and open
to all.  Most of our funding comes from either cash donations (online
or at the show) or donations of equipment for our community auction.
Please consider one or both methods of support.  Auction items can be
given to VCFMW staff before Saturday afternoon.  Purchasing items at
the auction also helps - and it's always an event not to be missed!

- Free pile: The tradition of the Free Pile continues this year.  This
is a great way to unload that "junk" (but not too junky) hardware and
software and contribute to the classic computing community.  Our only
request is that you make sure that whatever you leave is gone by 4pm
Sunday.

We thank you once again for your interest in and support of VCF
Midwest and the whole classic computing hobby.  We'll see you in a
month!

-j