VCF Midwest seller's experience?

Jason T silent700 at gmail.com
Wed Aug 15 17:11:31 CDT 2018

On Wed, Aug 15, 2018 at 1:45 PM John Foust via cctalk
<cctalk at classiccmp.org> wrote:
> I'm thinking of reducing my collection by bringing items to VCF Midwest.
> I attended once six or seven years ago.
>
> Of course a great deal depends on what I'm selling, so I'll build a list.
>
> Possibles include Micro PDP-11, Microvax II, Vaxstations, Kaypro 1,
> CBM, Amiga, Atari, Apple, some S-100 boards.
>
> Is there anyone here who sold at a previous VCF Midwest?  How did it go?
>
> If there's only 150 attendees, is selling more like exhibiting?
> Ideally I'd like to come home with an empty van.

Hello John - I'm the lead organizer for VCFMW and we'd be happy to
have you (and your hardware) out at our show.  VCFMW has changed a lot
since you (and even Bill D) last attended - we have a new location
with about double the floor space and our attendance has grown in
proportion. Our tables are all booked up and the free-for-all space in
the side vendor room is probably nearly there, too, so I can't
guarantee you a table, so I'd suggest compiling a list, if possible,
and posting it here and on our local mailing list at
http://chiclassiccomp.org to arrange sales ahead of time for delivery
at the show.  Of course, if space opens up (even floor space, if you
bring a table), you're welcome to bring things in to sell, or even
sell out of your van in the parking lot.  We're all about the trading
and swapping.

If you have items of lesser value that don't seem to generate
interest, you may also consider donating them to our fundraiser
auction which happens on Saturday afternoon.  Be sure to attend either
way - I hear it's quite the spectacle ;)

Any more questions, feel free to email me directly.  Hope to see you there!

-j